Monday, June 8, 2009

New & New!

Yesterday, I received keys to the new apartment, which is a house. I am living there with a couple of friends. Lutin, who I have known since High School and Emily, a friend I met at work who also attends school with me. I think it's a random combination of people, but I foresee lots of fun!

Lutin is painting some of the house. It's a large house. 5 bedrooms with 3.5 bath rooms, a living room, dining room, breakfast room, and 2 car garage. I call it the McMansion because it's one of the types that was built quickly and kinda for the purpose of being huge. There is not a lot of architectural detail and the materials are not of fantastic quality, but it's a great place to rent for a year or two. But, right now the entire house is painted beige. He's painting the living room a cool blue, the breakfast room (right off the living room and adjacent to the kitchen) a warmer blue, the hallway at the entrance a vibrant and deep blue, the dining room a nice soft yellow, my room an icy cool green, my bathroom a darker green, his room a soft blue, and his office a bold red. It's a lot of painting, but will be a respite from the beige that is currently present.

I have claimed the master bedroom. I think it's a bit unfair, but I'll have paid more than anyone else for the place since I'm moving in soonest, and Lutin and Emily are both parking in the garage, so they have a benefit above and beyond mine. However, I feel bad for Emily who will have the room without an attached bathroom. The bathroom is going to be really close to her bedroom, though. I'll post pictures of the home once I take some.

No comments:

Post a Comment